BioTrade Knowledge Sharing & Self-Assessment Tool
Benefits for companies, cooperatives and producers include:
– Gain access to the BioTrade Self-Assessment Tool to start your journey towards improved sustainability through the BioTrade Principles and Criteria
– Identify potential organizations which could provide support services to your company or organization
– Search for training materials and relevant publications related to the implementation of BioTrade
– Gain visibility on the Network of BioTrade companies and institutions
Benefits for institutions include:
– Expand your network of companies and partners
– Promote your unique expertise on BioTrade and gain greater exposure for your published materials, projects and services
– Use the BioTrade Self-Assessment Tool to help your clients and beneficiaries understand what it takes to become a BioTrade company
The BioTrade Knowledge Sharing and Self-Assessment Tool brings together information related to biodiversity-based initiatives, allowing users to connect with different value chain actors and benchmark their sustainability practices against the BioTrade Principles and Criteria developed by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
The BioTrade Knowledge Sharing and Self-Assessment Tool are developed by ITC and the UNCTAD BioTrade Initiative under the framework of the “ Global BioTrade Programme Linking trade, biodiversity and sustainable development” , financed by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO.
UNCTAD launched the BioTrade Initiative in 1996 and since then, it was been closely collaborating with various partners and stakeholders to implement BioTrade around the world.
Find out more about topics that this project has at heart.